Re: [OM] Cautionary Tale or I'M AN IDIOT!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Cautionary Tale or I'M AN IDIOT!!!
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:49:48 EDT
I've had both good things and bad things happen...

Probably the worst was  in '97 when I took an entire roll of my Godson's
graduation, and after he died a week later and his Mom repeatedly stated how
happy she was that I had been there to take pictures, discovering that the
camera had been empty.."double ouch." Not only embarrassing but sad.

The best was purely happenstance. In the early 70's while in college and
taking a photography course my roomie and  I would often roam the campus with
our cameras to get candids. One afternoon two guys came up to us, flicked a
badge at us, and stated that we were breaking the law  by photgraphing a
federal building and to get in the car, that we were under arrest. They
claimed to be "undercover". While my roomate would have docilely gone along,
I was a State Trooper's daughter and was not intimidated by the fact that
they called themselves policemen and demanded to see the badge up close...he
waved it from a distance the second time and flicked it back into his pocket,
and when I started yelling and calling for help they took off running. We
laughed at them for being such jerks. The next day we heard that two guys had
abducted and raped a coed on campus and I went in and helped with a sketch
artist. It was only a week later when I was developing my B&W prints for
class that I discovered that the two idiots had inadvertently been clearly
photographed by me as they were approaching the area I was photographing! I
made 8 x 10's of the shots and took them by the police, and they were
apprehended shortly thereafter.  You just never know when you'll get the next
weirdo or "book repository" shot!

Susan Steele
Virginia USA
The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.