Re: [OM] Re: Cautionary Tale or I'M AN IDIOT!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Cautionary Tale or I'M AN IDIOT!!!
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 08:37:12 -0700 (PDT)
Something very much like this has happened to me. I
had just taken up photography (I was about 15 at the
time) and wanted to jump into the art so I got my
hands on some professional black and white film,
(Expensive stuff) and went out and took some great
shots of my high school, classmates and teachers.
(Most these shots made it into the yearbook) anyway it
was my first day truly taking pics with a truly manual
camera (had been taking pics with a Ricoh p&s) and
when it came to rewind the film I found out that I
couldn't remeber which way to turn the rewind lever
(this was a 2n where the little arrow is black and
hard to see) well I spun the lever a few times until I
heard a crunch. The film had broken off the spool! I
was careful and opened the back in a dark area so only
one picture was ruined but it took the lab three weeks
to get the film out of the camera and developed.

Mark LLoyd