[OM] Re: Cautionary Tale or I'M AN IDIOT!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: Cautionary Tale or I'M AN IDIOT!!!
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 20:54:25 EDT
Sheesh,

So I get this job to do some architectural shots for a local (large)
commercial real estate developer.

Last weekend I went to one of the two buildings in question and set up my
OM-4t w/28/2.8 on a tripod.  Loaded the camera with Portra 160NC.  Used the
self-timer to prefire the mirror and aperture.  I was gonna get the sharpest
possible photos.  I bracketed a few shots just as an experiment and used spot
metering as well.

Today I went to the second building to be photographed and using the same
setup and the same roll of film, shot several frames.  I was gonna get the
greatest shots ever!

I returned home and rewound the film and removed the cassette from the OM-4t.
 I decided to load some 400 asa film and did so.  I looked at the film speed
setting and ARRGH! it was already on 400.   When did that get changed?  How
many of the architectural shots did I take with the wrong film speed?  Who
knows?!!!!

I have played with the OM-4t film speed ring a bit.  Near as I can tell I
must have inadvertantly lifted up on it as I was setting it to bracket.  If
you do so and turn the ring to +1 or so, you also change the film speed.
DAMN!

So, fellow Zuiks, be damn careful.  Now I get to do the shots over.  At least
it wasn't a wedding or some other never-to-be-repeated scene.

Dave Dougherty