Re: [OM] A few shots at the mall or fools rush in . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] A few shots at the mall or fools rush in . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 19:17:22 EDT
My most interesting experience with the long arm of the law while doing some
photography, occurred a little over thirty years ago and I assume the outcome
would be quite different today.  Houston had just completed a beautiful new
airport with many interesting architectural features/shapes and I was a
photography student at Sam Houston State University.  For one of my
assignments I packed up a 4X5 view camera and headed to the airport.  It
wasn't until I had done my exterior shots and moved inside that security
caught up with me.  I had the camera set up in one of the passage ways
leading to the gates and I got the old proverbial tap on the shoulder while
having my head stuck under a big piece of black cloth trying to get the thing
focused.  They took me and the camera down to security and after a little
searching through my gear and asking a few questions they decided it would be
OK for me to continue with the project.  The assignment turned out great.  In
today's environment I doubt that I would have gotten much past the front door
before being sent packing.  Unfortunate in a way and at some level a little
reassuring.  Bill Barber