Re: [OM] Marginally OT -- Nikon Coolscan 4000

Subject: Re: [OM] Marginally OT -- Nikon Coolscan 4000
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:43:42 -0700
No worries -- your points were all valid.  Excellent suggestion on the
software.  I think I'll download it now!

Tom

 Tom,

 Sometimes I am not a careful reader. I did not notice you had already
 put your money down. Sorry.   Several on the list have indicated that
 they love the roll film adaptor.  Just be sure to check the Nikon
 site for the latest software and download it if the software that
 ships with the scanner is not up to date.

 Winsor
 > --

Apparently Ed Hamrick just did an update of VueScan which solves the banding problem completely. Most of the complaints have been with the 8000, but you are less likely to go full resolution on 60mm film because of file size and then you get the problems. I will forward Ed's announcement off list.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California