[OM] Thanks for Ilfochrome Info

Subject: [OM] Thanks for Ilfochrome Info
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:53:10 +0000
Various Austin-ites (you know who you are) . . .
An open note to thank all those who answered my queries about Ilfochrome and for information about Holland in Austin. Received the Ilfochrome prints from them today. Very well printed; the chromes sent were probably a challenge due to the color and contrast in them. Packed very well and sent UPS.

Spent the night assembling frames and mounting five prints (tedium ad infinitum). These plus four more I have are going to three different shows over the next two weeks.

I'm impressed with Ilfochrome. Supergloss Fujichrome type "R" display prints (polyester base) are excellent and have a glow to them, but the Ilfochrome edges it out with with even more vibrance. One of the Ilfo's is the TOPE 6 tulip macro. Put it under a black mat in a flat black aluminum frame and it glows! Ilfochrome does it real justice. The other half took one look after it was framed and announced that I'm not allowed to sell it . . . it's coming home to go on the wall.

-- John