Re: [OM] Algonquin Trip

Subject: Re: [OM] Algonquin Trip
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:06:43 +0000
Bruce Hamm wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>
> Well, in a couple of days I'll be heading off for a canoe trip into the
> heart of Algonquin Park with a few old friends for our annual reunion. It
> will be my first trip into the park in many, many years and I'm hoping to be
> able to get some good wildlife-nature shots. Because we're going to be doing
> a large amount of portaging I'll be taking a small kit consisting of:
>
> 2 x OM-2n
> Tamron SP 80-200 f2.8 LD with its matched 2x converter
> Zuiko 24mm f2.8
> Zuiko 50mm f1.2
> Zuiko 135mm f2.8
> T-32
> extension tubes
> various filters
> small tripod
>
> The majority of this will be stuffed into a Lowepro Off-Trail 2 hip pack.
> I'll be bringing a couple of rolls of Velvia for landscapes and such, but
> I'm still debating what I should use for wildlife shots. Any
> recommendations? (I'm leaning towards print films). Would 400 speed film be
> best used under these conditions?

It doesn't look like you need the 135mm lens with the 80-200 along also.

With 400 speed film in bright daylight, you sometimes run out of shutter
speed and aperture, so you need to bring slower film also, like 100. You
also won't be able to use fill flash with 400 speed film, since 1/60th
in bright daylight with that film is over f/22.

--
"I have a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Dirk Wright