Re: [OM] Algonquin Trip

Subject: Re: [OM] Algonquin Trip
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:18:37 -0400
> then leave the zoom at home. Use the converter with the 135mm.

Good idea Dirk. Unfortunately the converter is a dedicated adaptall-2 unit,
so it won't fit on my Zuikos. I'm saving up for a Zuiko unit as we speak. I
have room for the 135, so I'll bring it along.

> You also need a waterproof carrier. Wanna borrow my Pelican?

Thanks Tom. Actually, that was the first thing I thought about. The thought
of my kit sitting at the bottom of a lake gave me the shivers. I have a
carrier that will lash to the thwart of the canoe. I plan on only having one
OM-2 out of the carrier while under way, and it will be constantly tethered
to the canoe. The setup with be a bit of a pain to use, but much, much
better than the alternative...

I guess I'll go with the Velvia, and a mixture of Reala and NPH.

Thanks again,

Bruce

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada