Re: [OM] [OT] CCD vs scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] CCD vs scanner
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:17:47 -0500
Remember, I was quoting the article, I don't really believe it.  He also
states that the math says that 4000dpi doesn't make much difference over
2700dpi.  Simply not true.  Heck even my lousy eyes can tell a difference
when printed on glossy paper at 13x19, nevermind a loupe.

I love digicams and use my low-res one a lot -- for quick snapshots.  I am
as ready as anyone to make the switch, as the scanning alone is annoying,
but even a D1 doesn't cut it for me.   Heck, I would sell everything OM I
have and buy a decent D1 kit, but I'm not.

Course, I want one that feels like an OM-1.

Tom