Re: [OM] new user

Subject: Re: [OM] new user
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 21:10:40 -0300
>In a message dated 8/17/01 4:31:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Robins nes
>writes:

>  Post your images to the list for us to see. Remember to smile as you
>  work...smiles are contagious

>Have you posted any pictures of comments from your day as a wedding
>photographer? I am curious how it worked out for you.
>Best wishes,

>Roger Skully
>robinsnestphotography.com

Hi Roger
        I have been on vacation a few days so am just catching up here.
        I did post brief comments right after the wedding day. At that time I
concluded this would likely be my last attempt to photograph a wedding.
It was a very trying day.  With no one being a professional, I had some
difficulty with the perception that no one was really in charge. The
other big problem as I saw it was too short a time period between the
ceremony and reception - only about one hour for church photos, and
outdoor ones including travel times. For an amateur, this was way too
short. I didn't have the time to pose many of the shots I wanted as all
the time was spent on family groupings.

        I got about 300 of the wedding day pictures back today, and am
breathing a lot easier. If the others are okay, I'll be happy. I don't
think there are any award winning photos, but personally I am quite
pleased with them overall. My biggest self critique is too many photos
were cut off at the knees. Anyways, at least the couple are not left
without wedding day pictures. I was quite satisfied with the outcome of
the portra 400 vc shot with available light. I shot a roll of Royal Gold
400, and the difference is quite noticeable, especially in skin tones.
The outside pics with 160 nc were quite satisfactory.

        As to posting pics, please give me a little while. I thought my son had
a scanner, but found out he doesn't, so I have to find one first. I'll
try to get some up next week. Thanks again, Wayne