Re: [OM] OM System Reliabity

Subject: Re: [OM] OM System Reliabity
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 21:31:04 -0700 (PDT)
--- "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> YMMV depending on misuse/abuse from prior owners if
> you buy used gear.
>
> * OM-1n, OM-2s and OM-4:
> Never had a problem with any of them that was
> attributable to build or
> materials.
 My 3 OM's are an early non md OM-1, a OM-1md and a
OM-1n. Of the 3 bodies only the early non md has
failed, twice, in 1977 and 1986. Both times it appears
that the shutter curtain string had come loose from
its pully or had jumped off the pully as the top right
of the shutter curtain looked squiggly. The first time
an in with Ponder&Best (remember them) got the camera
fixed free, but in '86 I sent the camera to Olympus in
So Cal and it was about $55 to get fixed. Now that
same body has a dead meter (the wire came off the tab)
and need to go to Camtech. The other two bodies, both
used on a regular basis are pluging along without much
complaint!         John Robison