Re: [OM] OM System Reliabity

Subject: Re: [OM] OM System Reliabity
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 15:40:39 +0000
More:

* 50/1.2:
Stellar lens; zero problems.
* 50/1.4 MC (three of them):
Excellent lenses; zero problems.

* Other fast primes:
Excellent to stellar performers; zero sticky/oily blades. Focus and aperture work smoothly on all my lenses.

Again, YMMV depending on misuse/abuse from prior owners if you buy used gear. I go through used gear with a fine-toothed comb. The few items bought on e*Bay had some questions asked in the process about condition. Some gear is sold because it's got a problem and the owner is replacing it, and sometimes the problem is not all that obvious. Other times it's perfectly good gear in an estate sale or from someone switching systems. Even then it could have been a "closet queen" which is not good for some items. Worse yet it may have been a damp basement or hot-as-Hades attic dweller, which is not good for any camera equipment.

-- John