Re: [OM] OM System Reliabity

Subject: Re: [OM] OM System Reliabity
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:06:48 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/01 12:52:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> So, I think there are certain places where the OM system has
>  reliability problems. Rather than base on someone's anecdotal opinions,
>  I think we should start taking some data on the reliability of various
>  components of the OM system. Not sure exactly how to go about it though.

Well, of course, there is some discussion here, and in your local camera
stores when the OM-2S is mentioned, about the circuit reliability of the
OM-2S.  It seems that most list members are doing just fine with their
current (working) OM-2S bodies.  Was there a time during its production and
marketing ('84 to '89) that circuits  were evidencing above "normal" failure
rates?