Re: [OM] The Aussies (Was Tom Scales, watch your back.)

Subject: Re: [OM] The Aussies (Was Tom Scales, watch your back.)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:57:15 +0000
At 04:20 8/18/01, Andrew Fildes wrote:

Now - as the term Fang has become part of the list-speak, should we also
incorporate the term Oben in a similiar way? For instance, to 'oben' an
item would be to pay well over the odds for it just because you've got the
money and you don't give a shit who knows it. Or one could apologise for a
waspish comment as being a bit 'oben the top.' Or we could claim to have
been 'obened' when someone makes a completely unwarranted or scurrilous
accusation - "I will not be obened like this..."
AndrewF

I really bit my tounge to the point of bleeding profusely from several of the recent threads and certain behavior replete with expletives wholely inappropriate for public fora (might have been OK down in the copper mine I once worked in, but not here). One could also describe completely inappropriate OT threads or flame-baiting in a thread as "Obening a can of worms" too.

-- John