Re: [OM] Impressa

Subject: Re: [OM] Impressa
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:25:05 +0000
Joel Wilcox wrote:
Prints came back from Qualex very flat and ugly, but all came right through the film scanner and Photoshop.

I've had film other than Impressa come back from them printed this way. Reprinted by a pro house looked much better. One of them is some Portra NC shot outdoors. I'd be willing to bet Qualex doesn't have a "channel" for Impressa on their machines. Since they're wholely owned by Kodak, they're not likely to ever have a channel for it. (Last line is a guess.)

There are different contrast grades of color paper depending on exactly what they use for that too. Might also have an effect. I wonder at times if they print low contrast because of the frequent exposure errors "Joe Consumer" makes and low contrast printing helps cover it up (under exposure from lack of enough flash comes to mind).

[Some random thoughts.]
-- John