Re: [OM] Impressa

Subject: Re: [OM] Impressa
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:54:15 -0500
From: "Mickey Trageser"

Anyone have any comments on the Konica Impressa film? I plan to shoot a bit this weekend and just wondered if there was any consensus as to it's quality/color/grain/detail... etc.

Mickey,
I like it, but I'm on a slide only diet these days. It's got very tight grain -- I'd say like shooting a 100 ASA slide film of the RDPII era (the old Provia). It is not a punchy, saturated film. Very four-square and literal. Excellent landscape film in good light. If you're used to Reala and Royal Gold, you might find it a bit bland. Color balance or mask must be unusual. Prints came back from Qualex very flat and ugly, but all came right through the film scanner and Photoshop.

Joel W.