[OM] (OT) Couldn't Film It

Subject: [OM] (OT) Couldn't Film It
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:47:08 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Terry and Tracey
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 2:42 AM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OM] Oben (OT / Flame/obscenity ridden!)

snip the Oben  part....

>>>I was at Cabramurra over the last two days. There were some scenes so
nice I
couldn't take photos of them. Does anyone else do this too?

Foxy<<<

One evening after a thunder shower I was standing in my yard watching a
beautiful sunset over the mountains when a full rainbow formed to the East,
along the edge of Yellowstone Park. Almost immediately lightening bolts
appeared to be shooting through the rainbow. It was the most awesome
panoramic display I've ever seen. There was no way to get the whole display
on film and, even though my camera was only 50 feet away, I would have
missed the action if I would have tried to film part of it. The frustrating
thing about not getting it on film is the inability to share with others.

I've been other places that I just know can't be adequately conveyed by the
film medium so I simply enjoy the experience and don't try the camera.

/jnm