Re: [OM] OM-PC Diagnosis?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC Diagnosis?
From: "John Cwiklinski" <johncw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:00:36 -0700
Curtis wrote:

>I picked up a fairly warn OM-PC that I suspect is terminal - no battery
check lamp with fresh batteries, rewind button stuck down, wind lever
locked up....

I also have an OM-PC, which on random notice the mirror locks in the up
position, regardless of battery state. Battery cap must be removed for the
mirror to release. This has been CLA'd, etc. and still the same problem.
There are no replacement circuit boards for the OM-PC (except from a
"parts" type OM-PC). My OM-PC basically sits in the corner, now since I do
not want to take a chance. You must use the specified batteries for this
camera, no substitutes.
My suggestion is to look for a different OM body.