RE: [OM] OM-PC Diagnosis?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-PC Diagnosis?
From: Suchismit.Chakravorty@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:20:23 -0500
I have an OM-PC that was purchased new by me dad in 1985, and was later
handed onto me. It was a
great amateur camera then, especially in program mode with ESP metering.
Unfortunately over the
years it proved to be very unreliable. I can now barely get 2 or 3 rolls
out with a fresh pair of batteries. Battery drain
is a little less bad if the camera is kept in Manual/B mode. A problem
that I have been noticing recently is
that even with new batteries the camera freezes (with the mirror up) for
no reason. I have tried cleaning the
battery cover plate and keeping it in a dry environment, but to no
avail. The only thing that brings the mirror
down is unscrewing the plate and then screwing it back on. This camera
has let me down in the worst possible
moments, sometimes embarassing me when doing group portraits.
Its my most unreliable body and I have found a permanent place for it in
the drawer. The OM-4 is now my
primary body, with the good old mechanical OM-2000 as a backup.