Re: [OM] OM-PC Diagnosis?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC Diagnosis?
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:16:31 -0400
I REALLY liked the OM-PC that I had for about 2 years. I liked the rubbery surface, ESP metering, and Program automation. But even after a JH overhaul, it was a bit iffy. I think it had the terminal circuit disease in an early stage.

The one fault that I have with owning cameras is that as soon as they start to give me problems after they've been CLA'd, I can't EVER trust that body again. I absolutly refuse to miss a shot because I was using a camera that had mental problems. I've had this experience with an OM-1, OM-PC, and an OM-4. All were sold with caveats and have been replaced. I guess this is the attitude of a former professional. When the cameras were putting food on my table, I couldn't afford to say to my clients: "The camera screwed up, I'm sorry that I didn't spend enough on a reliable body and ruined the pictures of your event."

What that says to me is that the OM-PC, however nice it is, wasn't engineered to be reliable 15-20 yrs after its manufacture. It was built as an amatuer camera. That quality is reflected in its price. Chalk it up to experience, unfortunately.

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed here.