Re: [OM] New book barely mentions OM: Min. bodies

Subject: Re: [OM] New book barely mentions OM: Min. bodies
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:33:16 +0200
Hi there,

This thread is slowly driftig off-topic...

> Yes, it was a Minolta XD-11 body - my first SLR - that
> drove me to Olympus. It had all the whistles and bells
> you could get at the time, but was unreliable if used
> in only slightly dusty environments, the shutter
> priority feature was almost worthless, and it felt
> "plasticky".

> > Yes, you are right, not to mention the X700, even
> > the XD (XD-7 here) does
> > not feel rigid hand hold and it was top of the line
> > Minolta body.

My girlfriend has recently bought a XG-1 body after her X300s died. It's a
decent camera, I think, and it feels and handles much like the OM-10, I think.

The one thing she likes a lot is the silk-smooth wind crank. When we're out
taking photos she makes a ceremony out of the film winding, holding the XG-1
close to my ear so I can listen to it. For revenge I demonstrate the exposure
compensation (which the XG-1 only has in terms of changing the ASA number) and
the shutter speed setting (which is rather clumsy on the XG-1).

We're having great fun together though.

Bernd