Re: [OM] Who has an extra M. 15V Ni-Cd Control Pack 1 / 2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Who has an extra M. 15V Ni-Cd Control Pack 1 / 2?
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:44:48 -0700
The cord does take some getting used to, and in some situations can be a
downright hassle.
Don't take my comments as negative concerning the nicad pack, as I have one and
use it a lot. I actually have one MD set up with the nicad pack, the other with
the 18v control pack. Eventually I want to get a second nicad pack myself. I
just think to many folks dismiss the 18v control pack to easily.
For what you are doing it is probably the way to go. If I am shooting with a
'gadget' bag, I just keep the battery pack in there. If not I usually keep the
battery pack in a coat or shirt pocket that fastens shut. The combo of the OM4
w85/2 and a MD1 with the battery holder in a pocket is a joy to use! I have
tried both
front and rear pants pockets, and neither works very well.

Jim Couch

Bernd Möller wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Thanks for your comments on this.
>
> I tried the MD1 - 18V grip - 1,2m relay cord combo without film today and
> found that I at least have to get used to that cord running from the camera
> to my pocket (now where did I read that funny remark with the new digital
> camera and the 9GB drive in your pocket?). However, I will try the set again
> at the next concert.
>
> But I think that, for the first, my front pant pockets won't be ideal when I
> kneel down. For the second, there are always some f*cked-up individuals pogo
> dancing in front of the stage (at least where I go to shoot), which means
> that I always need to be able to stow away my camera fast.
>
> Theory is one thing, practice another. Your argument with big lenses looks
> ok, but I don't use big lenses so much. And I normally can do with 2 or 3
> rolls of film one evening, so the extra power is not really required here.
>
> > Of course the standard Olympus cop-out applies here, you need both!
>
> Yeah. Keep up the spirit!
>
> Bernd

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA