Re: [OM] Who has an extra M. 15V Ni-Cd Control Pack 1 / 2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Who has an extra M. 15V Ni-Cd Control Pack 1 / 2?
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:58:23 -0700
Bernd,

For some things I actually prefer the 18v control grip. I use it a lot when
doing sports photography, using big lenses (I like the balance) or if I am
going to be shooting a BUNCH of film. You can run well over 50 rolls of film
through the drive with fresh batteries. With the niCad pack the specs say 40
rolls, but IO have never done that
well with mine, maybe after it's rebuild it will, haven't tried. One thing that
is real nice to have is the - pause, runs off to the esif for a proper name -
thanks Hans - the 1.2m relay cord. With the relay cord you can keep the battery
pack in your pcoket, reducing the weight and bulk of the camera.

Of course the standard Olympus cop-out applies here, you need both!

Jim Couch

Bernd Möller wrote:

> Dear fellow Zuiks,
>
> I could'nt resist to buy a Motordrive 1 last week (no bragging, but it WAS
> cheap). Yesterday it arrived, looking like new, with the 18V grip and a 1.2m
> remote cable. The combo will definitely make some of my concert photography
> easier: the camera stays very calm due to the two counteracting motors and it
> is less noisy than the Winder 2.
>
> There is one wish left: the M. 15V Ni-Cd Control Pack 1 or 2 may be more
> handy than the attached pistol grip carrying 12 batteries. I am quite aware
> of the NiCad conversion problem, since this topic has been discussed here so
> many times before.
>
> It seems to be common sense here that the NiCd pack is preferable to the 18V
> grip.
>
> However, risking to be the subject of listee humor, I dare to ask: Is there
> anybody who is willing to sell me a M. 15V Ni-Cd Control Pack 1 or 2, or
> someone interested in dealing it with a nice M.18V Control Grip 1 with Relay
> Cord 1.2m?
>
> With best regards
>
> Bernd Möller

Jim Couch