[OM] Astrophotography (Follow-up)

Subject: [OM] Astrophotography (Follow-up)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 14:21:46 -0600
Thank-you to *everyone* who offered suggestions, URLs, and other
information regarding how best to take pictures of the sky at night.  It's
truly *amazing* the depth of knowledge we have in this group!

As I mentioned earlier, I think we'll go out 'bout midnight, tonight, and
see what transpires.  We usually drive east of Edmonton (toward Elk
Island Provincial Park) to get away from the light pollution.  'Bout 15
miles away gets us far 'nuff that we can see stars, IF there isn't any
cloud cover, that is!  Tonight's forecast (www.weather.ca) calls for
"variable cloudiness with a risk of a thundershower" so if we're lucky I
*might* even get a chance to use that lightning detector
(www.joinco.ca/chris/lightening_detector/index.html)!  Now, wouldn't
THAT be a hoot?!?!?  :-)

Regards,

Chris