Re: [OM] 1.4X-A teleconverter

Subject: Re: [OM] 1.4X-A teleconverter
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 10:39:31 +1000
At 10:17 AM Sunday 12/08/2001, you wrote:
Went to the post office this morning bright and early and claimed the 1.4X-A teleconverter. It looks like new, and the seller even shipped it inside a Zuiko lens pouch. ................ I know the real test will be when I shoot some film, which I may try to do tomorrow, but what have I got to lose?

What was the later change in the 180/2.8 all about and is it just wishful thinking that my "older" lens and the converter will produce good results?

Walt

I've taken some 1.4 + 180 f2 combo photos and can't wait to finish the roll today.

I've decided that the 180 f2 is going to stay in my private collection. About a day after I listed it on eBay I got a depressing sense that it was going to not be here in a week or so if it sold. The instant the auction closed and it didn't meet my reserve, its honestly the first time I was relieved that something didn't sell.

Its a breathtaking lens and I'll most certainly post some photos from it soon. I now have access to a brand new Nikon 4000 ED so I'll be scanning some slides in with that.