Re: [OM] OM2000 in Retrospect vs. OM-2S, etc?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 in Retrospect vs. OM-2S, etc?
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:29:28 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry A. Otto" <LarryOtto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 2:14 AM

> have an OM-2s and it is an OK camera, but I much prefer my old OM1md,
> even though the meter is about 1 stop off.  I am amazed how everyone
> likes the OM2s so much.
>
> Larry Otto

I, on the other hand, am amazed how this has changed through the years. In the
earlier
years of this list few people seemed to use the OM-2S/-P (and even fewer seemed
to love
it!). Most definitely there have been a very positive trend in this regard. The
rumor of
OM-2S being a dog and a battery eater has been toned down, thanks to the
efforts of OM-2S
users on the list. There used to be a Canadian list member with a wonderful OM
site (Ziv
Kenet if someone here remembers), and I helped him a little with info on the
OM-2S
(initially, at least, no one else was willing to help with this). Ziv even had
viewfinder
images of all OM cameras, and if it weren't for him I still wouldn't know how
the
viewfinder of an OM2000 looks like(!) Couldn't believe it first when the site
finally was
shut down, but you know - life has to go on some way or another...
Thankfully we now have the eSif and many other wonderful OM sites as
replacement.

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden