Re: [OM] e*Bay laugh...

Subject: Re: [OM] e*Bay laugh...
From: "johnsonpa" <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 00:41:09 -0500
Hi Parzival!
"Sniping" is when someone puts in a bid at the very last moment for an
auction.
Some people frown upon the practice because they think it is unfair.  I like
to snipe things as a form of self-control  I put in a bid at the last second
so I don't get "bid fever" and pay too much for something.
Esnipe is an internet service that would place snipes for you at the last
second.  You didn't have to be at your computer watching the auction end.
They now charge a fee for the service.  I can't remember how much.

HTH (hope this helps),
--p.j.