[OM] If a Leica can do it so can my OM

Subject: [OM] If a Leica can do it so can my OM
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 13:02:57 -0400
Hey all.

I've been lurking on the Leica mailing list for a month or so (ducking to
evade flying objects...) and think some of the things they do might go over
well here.

1.  [FS] Fridays.  Fridays are when people post what they have for sale.
Cuts down on the traffic during the week, people can forget about their
aversion to the delete key and filter all the messages out (except for the
digesters unfortunately) if they don't want to get in on a deal.  The other
list seems to have some dealers posting on Fridays, but hey, I'm happy to
hear from ANYONE that specializes in the gear I'm interested in.

2.  PAW - Picture A Week.  "Put your Leica where you're money was" is their
motto and I'm going to do the same with my OM gear.  A picture a week posted
in a web gallery to keep the cameras working and us looking THROUGH our
lenses and not AT them as much.  Kind of like a freeform ongoing personal
TOPE.  They don't have to be good pictures, just something each and every
week to be shared with the list critiqued, discussed, etc.  Posted on a
personal site or somewhere like www.photo.net.  It don't seem to be too bad
of an idea.  This is the guy that started it
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/index.html

Just some ideas.  Considering I can barely afford zuikos drooling over leitz
glass is probably the last thing I need to do:)

Mike