Re: [OM] Re: How an Otherwise Lovely Photo was ruined

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: How an Otherwise Lovely Photo was ruined
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:34:27 EDT
dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Have you used a film scanner? Was it calibrated?

I used a flatbed scanner at 300dpi to scan the machine print.  The actual
print doesn't look too bright to me.  The scanner doesn't do justice to
photos and soon I am going to have to spring for a film/slide scanner.

The negatives are not overly dense.  I don't have nor do I know how to use a
densitometer, but they are of "middling" density and consistent with other
sets of negatives that produced nice results.

I am going to take the negatives and the photo to a pro shop to see if they
too see heat as the problem.

Again, thanks for the input.

Dave