Re: [OM] Identify this light leak??

Subject: Re: [OM] Identify this light leak??
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:22:51 +0200
Hi Giles,

Most of my films shot with my OM-2 show tiny light leaks at the lower film
edges. Most of them are due to disaggregated sealing foam, but they only show
in the first one or two millimeters of the film; that's even outside the
perforation. CLA will solve that.

Attaching and detaching a winder also leaves light leak marks, but here they
tend to go some mm's further. Still withing the perforation zone. The manual
actually warns you about this.

So in your case it's either a very bad foam sealing or a permanently missing MD
cap. Another reason could be a hole in the shutter curtain or some kind or
"derailed" shutter curtain. This would only happen to a few frames if you leave
a lens cap on most of the time.

Regards,

Bernd