Re: [OM] still not quite sure what I should take :-)

Subject: Re: [OM] still not quite sure what I should take :-)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 19:22:05 -0500
p.j,

What about mail?  Don't you get a weekly mail service or something like
that?  Consider:

1) Having extra film sent regularly and send your exposed rolls home.
2) Break your kit up into three one-month kits.  Have someone send you
pieces throughout the 3 months and ship home the pieces that have 'done
their duty'. For example, month two is macro month, month three is long lens
month.

The first might be more practical than the last.

As for the 4T, I think you're more likely the whole camera will fail then
just the meter. If you lose the electronics, you lose the shutter too.
Honestly, though, I think it will work fine for the whole time, particularly
if you keep it in as dry a place as possible. I'd skip the light meter and
use print film. That way you have latitude.  Take a 1 or 1n though.

Just my half dozen cents.

Tom

So, when