Re: [OM] Your opinion on 35-70's

Subject: Re: [OM] Your opinion on 35-70's
From: Chris Charlton <c_charlton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 18:59:15 +0100 (BST)
 --- Bernd_Möller <berndm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Hi
there,

> A topic which may have been discussed earlier, but
> I'll dare to put it up again.
>
> I've been using my 3.5-4.5 35-70 for quite a long
> time now with rather satisfying results, but recent
> comparisions with my primes have shown me some lack
> of sharpness.
<snip>

Have you considered other manufacturers? although I
love OM cameras above all others....I buy a lens to do
a job, and I'm not so concerned with the brand (as
long as its good quality and the image is good)
I recently came across an absolutely mint Tamron 28-80
F3.5-4.2, and although not so compact is a nice lens
and gives good results (and I also have a Zuiko 35-70
F3.6) although it does have a little barrel distortion
at 28mm.

Chris