[OM] Your opinion on 35-70's

Subject: [OM] Your opinion on 35-70's
From: Bernd Möller <berndm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:24:57 +0200
Hi there,

A topic which may have been discussed earlier, but I'll dare to put it up
again.

I've been using my 3.5-4.5 35-70 for quite a long time now with rather
satisfying results, but recent comparisions with my primes have shown me some
lack of sharpness.

Now as I've seen a used 3.6 for sale, I wonder whether it would be a good buy.
Price is just over 200 USD. Gary Reese has gotten better test results with the
3.6, but on the other hand the small size of the 3.5-4.5 is rather important
for me. However, I am willing to sacrifice compactness (together with the $$$)
for better performance, keeping the 3.5-4.5 for occasional shootings. What do
you think? A reasonable thought or a strike of Zuikoholism?

Regards

Bernd Möller