Re: [OM] "Precious" Equipment

Subject: Re: [OM] "Precious" Equipment
From: Chris Charlton <c_charlton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 02:39:07 +0100 (BST)
<snip>
> Mind you, some of the bodies I now wrap in cotton
> wool are bodies
> that i have had for 20 years (OM-1n chrome bought
> S/H in '81) and 14
> yrs (OM-4Ti bought new in '87 or thereabouts) Each
> had countless
> rolls of film go through them before I started to
> consider them as
> needing to be "saved" and "protected" and yet they
> would still both
> be described as Ex++ condition.
>
> Which raises the question - what the heck do pro
> photogs do to their
> cameras that get them into such a terrible state?
> Roll them down
> stairs? Twenty minutes a day in a cement mixer with
> some rocks?
> You've just gotta wonder......
>
> peter

I wonder that too, I got my first OM4Ti in about 1990
at the tender age of 18 (me not the camera) I had it
for 10 until the end of last year when I sold it to my
father, it had been to drunken parties....and other
things etc...;-) and had no marks on it apart from two
tiny marks where the strap rings touch the body! I do
tend to care for things more than most people though.
Any pros care to inform us how they manage to battle
scar their OM's etc????

Chris