RE: [OM] Tripod collars on lenses

Subject: RE: [OM] Tripod collars on lenses
From: "Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 07:04:50 -0500
Something that helps me (I've got the Manfrotto grip head w/QR) with
slipping is to insert another sheet of 1/8" cork between the camera and the
QR plate.  That gives you additional leeway to tighten the QR plate to the
camera without overtightening.  It'll hold a -4 & a 300mm in place without
problems...

HTH,

Dave