Re: Subj: Re: [OM] T-20 flash prices

Subject: Re: Subj: Re: [OM] T-20 flash prices
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:42:52 -0400
Ever the gentleman. You gotta like that.

Tom's prices may are higher than some evilbay auctions, but you seldom find
the kind of peace of mind you get from purchasing from Tom.  His
descriptions are fair and if there is ever an inaccuracy, he makes it 100%
right, immediately. He knows the Oly equipment he sells. You can't claim
that of most retailers, and even few of the evilbayers.

Larry, we went around about your basic objection to having to pay for
software a while back. I think this is more of the same. You can't
surrepticiously copy or use Tom's equipment, so you knock him for asking
prices that people are willing to pay. Makes no sense to me. It's a free
market. If Tom sets his prices to high, his sales drop off. Most often, we
speak with our wallets. If we value the product and service, we are willing
to pay a fair price. If we think the price is too high, we go elsewhere.

We all congratulate the 'Doris Fang' deals. Sometimes you snag one,
sometimes you come up short. But they are not the norm and cannot be
considered when comparing to inventory sales prices.

Those of us who've endured your software price diatribe know that your
reputation precedes you. The people who genuinely have interest in the list
members, know Tom. Your jabs are not only offensive to him, but to those of
us who value his posts and benefit from his experience.  I think a more
positive tone would benefit us all. You've certainly noted the many alerts
that there is a BuyItNow at a reasonable price. We're about helping each
other (sometimes enabling....). One of my best Oly deals came by way of a
BIN that Tom posted on the list. What are you doing to help? It's not
necessary to jab one guy just because you see a better price elsewhere.

I hope you'll turn the corner and offer positive insightful comments to the
group. Isn't that why we're here?

--Mickey