Re: [OM] Golden OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Golden OM-1
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:18:37 +0200
Hi Morgan and Oben.

I have the OM-1N (which it happens to be) already at home now. It has
the 'leather' pieces on self-timer and winding lever. But Morgan is
right: it is definitely the printed leatherette which has been used to
match the golden colours.

The camera has chrome trimmings rings below rewind crank and ASA knob.
This is strange, since even the thin axis of the camera back has been
gold plated!
But then the collection picture of Jaap Korten
http://www.wide-angle.nl/cgi-bin/collection.cgi?session_id=310701-094149&ref=62.251.1
with the 1.4 lens, shows these silver rings as well... maybe it is
made of material which cannot be gold plated at all?

What came also with the camera, is a certificate of origin, in which
the numbers of both camera and lens are mentioned - and they do match.
It is a plastic laminated card which could not easily be forged. Apart
from that the name of the dealer (one of the fortunate 25) is also on
the certificate, and he is the one who sold it to me.

The mounting rings on both lens and camera body are gold plated too.
Even the flash shoe type 4 has all metal parts in gold - but for the
central contact, which is chrome again...

I will make some detailed pictures of the camera after my vacation
trip, which starts tomorrow. I will unsubscribe from the list until
August 20 or about that...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.