Re: [OM] another philosophical question about the 135

Subject: Re: [OM] another philosophical question about the 135
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 08:30:27 +0800
Tris, thanks for your comment on my shot, unfortunately the reality is we
just have a gathering to share the shot we have taken during the trip. My
friends similar shots with Nixxn 80-400 was much sharper even project to a
60" screen. If I have brought the 300/4.5 the story will be different. But
it was just a compromise between weight and quality and I don't expect I
will shot over 150mm too much. I would say the Zoom+2x just give me okay
quality not really very good.

Resolution and sharpness just two of the lens character, color saturation,
contrast and color bias is another three, there are some more we may not
know but it does affect the resulting picture a lot. The 75-150 is not the
sharpest Zuiko, but the saturated color and medium low contrast is what I
need for most of my shots.

The Nixxn fan I mentioned above also have some Zuiko gears, he had a Nixxn
AF 300/4 that he said is sharper than the Zuiko 300/4.5 but when he saw the
red flowers picture taken with the Nixxn, he immediately sold the Nixxn, he
said the flower just look like plastic while the Zuiko one was much real.

I also learn a professional landscape photography, among the 35mm AF SLR, he
only use Minxxa, he found most of the others just not right. We always come
together to share our works and experience. Only in this way you can learn
more about other gears as you can't own them all. As I might have mentioned
here, the Caxxn lenses usually has lower color saturation, the older Nixxn
usually are more harsh, Penxxx usually gives color shift. Just briefly name
a few, they really have lots of differences and they are important to your
picture.

C.H.Ling