Re: [OM] Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus...

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus...
From: Chris Charlton <c_charlton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:10:51 +0100 (BST)
 --- bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx wrote: > At 02:03 PM 7/27/01
-0500, Chris C wrote:
> >Tom
> >> Its one of a number of features that come down to
> >> design philosophy, its VERY uncompromising,
> something
> >> an American manufacturer would never do, afraid
> that
> >> its buyers would miss all the toys and strain
> their
> >> arms with heavy steering and complain about the
> engine
> >> noise. A heavy car with a powerful engine
> (therefore
> >> making it fast) a sports car does not make....
> >>
> >> Chris
>
> One of the few advantages of age is that we can say
> been there .. done that
> --- and you don't know what you are talking about
> Chris. While I haven't
> driven the Elise I have the Elan, Elite and the twin
> cam Super Seven's - in
> fact I raced some of them wheel to wheel. I've also
> driven and raced the
> Corvette wheel to wheel - anyone who claims this is
> not a sports car really
> doesn't understand the definition of the word. There
> are a lot of world
> class cars made ALL OVER THE WORLD not just those in
> Old Blighty - so get
> off your "high horse".
>
> Not even a Yank
> Barry H

For me personally, I want a lightweight uncompromising
sports car, I have driven heavy large performance cars
that handled superbly, which I found surprising I
admit. However you can't defy the laws of physics and
for me, I don't want to. For me, weight is bad and
anything I don't need or don't want that adds weight
is bad.

Chris ;-)