Re: [OM] Oh yeah, I love FedEx .... and UPS .... and USPS.....[OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh yeah, I love FedEx .... and UPS .... and USPS.....[OT]
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:03:22 +0000
If FEDEX delivers a package with an actual airbill attached and it
doesn't have a release signature in section 8 in the lower right hand
corner,you should pick up the phone and call 1.800.GOFEDEX and raise
hell. Someone will look into it and get back to you.
Most of the big shippers that use FEDEX have PowerShip systems at their
locations and the signature required box is checked or unchecked and
this is reflected in the bar coded label that is printed out. It's been
my experience that it is usually unchecked.

As I said, if it happens do not hesitate to call and raise hell, that is
the only way FEDEX will ever know that it is happening. People make
mistakes, we just try to make fewer than the other guy. I would advocate
using the shipper that you are most comfortable with.