Re: [OM] Oh yeah, I love FedEx .... and UPS .... and USPS.....[OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh yeah, I love FedEx .... and UPS .... and USPS.....[OT]
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:06:32 -0600
At 12:47 PM 7/27/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Is it a painful operation to personally become a business?

I'd imagine it depends on where you are -- each State of the Union may have
different commercial laws.  Certainly in Canada, every province has different
laws.

In Alberta, where I live, you can walk into any Service Bureau (private
contractors selling government and other services) and buy a "shelf company"
that's good to go in about two hours, tops.  That's how I incorporated my
business -- and at slightly less than half the tariff of getting it through a
lawyer.

Garth