Re: [OM] Oh yeah, I love FedEx .... and UPS .... and USPS.....[OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh yeah, I love FedEx .... and UPS .... and USPS.....[OT]
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:39:48 -0500
I talked to FedEx today and they're trying to figure out what happened.  I
learned that the driver is allowed to leave the package AT THEIR OWN RISK.
In other words, FedEx pockets the insurance money you pay and deducts the
loss from the driver's salary.  I asked twice to make sure I understood.  My
guess is that the drivers risk it because their performance is judged on
speed and redelivering takes time.

Maybe not, but that's how I'd read it.

Tom
"Timpe, Jim"