RE: [OM] another philosophical question about the 135

Subject: RE: [OM] another philosophical question about the 135
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:16:33 -0500
That is where I am torn

<snip>
It also uses 49mm
filters, just like the 135/3.5.
<end>

If I have the "basic set" as 35 shift, 85/2 and 135/2.8, I introduce a
new filter size, but I think that the sharpness would be the deciding
factor.  From Gary's lens tests, it seems that the 2.8 out performs the
3.5 in focusing and ultimate resolution, and that is what I am
essentially after - I don't want any feelings of insufficiency in the
zuiko community! ;)

If I spend the extra $ on a good 135, I'd feel better about not having
the extra focal length.  Remember size is a factor, and I am trying to
limit myself to the necessities, not the extravagances.

Small but opulent, that's what I say.  Also, if you can live below your
means, then you are better off in the end.  It's funny how I had no
hesitation on dropping cash on the 24 and 35 shift lenses, but now that
it comes down to a couple hundred dollars in supporting lenses, I am
much more cautious....

-bobgries/