RE: [OM] 21mm lenses

Subject: RE: [OM] 21mm lenses
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:24:15 +0100
You're right.

I have just used my 21/3.5 for the top of an ancient fort (around
400AD) in Scotland.  In the foreground was the carved footprint meant
to represent that of an ancient Scottish king when he leapt across a
wide valley; in the background was his domain.  Well that was the
intention from my composition and I am trusting that the little
wonder lens will make up for any shortcomings in my composition with
its contrast and colour rendition (some hope eh?). If it is any good
I'll post it on my website.

But the polariser is still a nice "weapon" to have for any lens.  I
have not used any of my Cokin filters i years ... perhaps I should
get rid of most of them (retaining the graduated ND) to make room in
the Billingham.

Chris

Personally I've given up on polarisers with the 21mm. It produces
very nice contrasty and sharp pictures without one. Very nice blue
skies too.

Oben