[OM] Re: cc of open letter to Cameta Camera

Subject: [OM] Re: cc of open letter to Cameta Camera
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:38:44 -0700

For what it's worth, this is a cc of my open letter to Cameta Camera in protest of its treatment of OC.

I write this email to inform you I no longer wish to be associated with your operation in any manner, shape or form. The reason for this is an order of business conducted by your company some time back with an Olympus user in Australia re a 50mm f/1.2 lens which came to him with fungus (a lot of it, I hear). I've been filled in re the details (including the report from the local authorized Olympus repair facility), also that your company reneged on import duty this customer was forced to pay for a defective product, that you even refused to reimburse this customer for return postage.

Further, it has come to light that in all probability this very same lens is now offered for sale by your company, presumably after having been washed of it various fungal growths (though according to the Olympus repairman who examined this lens in Australia, this would only inevitably serve to remove the multicoating).

All I can say is that you're fortunate not to have done business with me in this case. You would not been pleased with the outcome.

I ask you to take me off your mailing list. My email address:

        tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will not do business with you, I will inform anyone and everyone who listens that in my opinion your company is not reputable. In this regard, I shall post a copy of this letter to the Olympus mailing list.

Thank you.

Tris