[OM] Stupid dilemma

Subject: [OM] Stupid dilemma
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:09:12 -0400
Watching all these heady discussions of the big glass going by, I'd
like to get some opinions on a much less glamorous decision. I've got
this 24/2.8, which I love dearly (it was my main lens in hawaii this
spring), BUT: at some point in its life before I rescued it from the
shelf at B&H, someone "repaired" the detents in the aperture ring so
that you have to push the ring forward slightly to change the f-stop.

Since I mostly shoot spot rather than auto, you can imagine how every
now and then this annoys the <insert nasty word of your choice here>
out of me. The question is whether I should get this lens fixed or
(for approximately the same cost increment) get a new one in exc or
even bgn condition and unload the current on to someone for whom the
fiddly aperture ring is not so much of an issue. Or should I just
dither a whole bunch more while I actually go out and shoot something?

(I've been taking pictures pretty steadily lately, but alas all digital
-- lazy)

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx