Re: [OM] Fireworks

Subject: Re: [OM] Fireworks
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 10:26:29 -0700
on 7/22/01 5:18 AM, Tris Schuler at tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The idea is to anticipate the right moment and to have the insight and
> foresight to position your camera for the best view when that moment comes.
> Luck always plays a part in human endeavors, no doubt about that. But when
> it comes to interesting pictures I'd far faster place my confidence in an
> experienced eye, a steady hand . . . and a motor drive. <g>
>
> Tris

Luck is always reinforced by preparation and skill, whatever the endeavor.
Photography captures an instant of the flow of time, which is a continuous
sequence. As events happen, paying attention and anticipating the flow of
the event can help you set up for the 'decisive moment'. There is still the
artistic side of the picture (pun intended) which is setting up at the
'right' location with the 'right' perspective. You can learn to position
yourself to maximize your 'luck', but the artistic side is more a God-given
talent only some receive. I wish I had gotten more!
--

Jim Brokaw