[OM] Replacing an OM-10 -- with what?

Subject: [OM] Replacing an OM-10 -- with what?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:55:30 -0600
 So (see other thread) my old OM-10 seems to have finally got sticky enough
that it's beyond my abilities to repair, and it sounds like a sufficiently
complex repair that the cost of that is getting up to where I may as well
just buy another on. (sigh)

 What would people recommend as a replacement? It's easy enough to find
other used OM-10 bodies around here, but while I'm replacing things I'm
tempted to look at upgrading it to something newer/improved.

 What's the advantages of an OM1/2(n/s/etc)/3/4 over the OM-10? I've looked
at spec sheets/the stuff on zuiko.com, and it's all starting to get a bit
confusing, to be completely honest. I've got the manual adapter for my
OM-10, so I don't think there's any obvious basic functional improvements,
though I could well be missing something.. How would a new OM-2000 compare?

 any advice will be very gratefully received..

 -- dan