RE: [OM] OM-10 -- keeps on sticking?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-10 -- keeps on sticking?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:36:37 -0600
> Some shops just wipe off the armature/electromagnet surfaces -- works
> fine for a while, but almost always sticks again.  The only reliable
> solution I've found is to completely disassemble the shutter mechanism,
> removing it entirely from the body, and flushing all excess lubrication
> from it.  Also, the electromagnet should be removed from it's frame and
> soaked in solvent to remove all the oil inside it.  Few open shops
> bother to do all this.  After you've done a few hundred, though, it gets
> easier.

 Hm. That sounds as if it's rather more technical than I'm going to be able
to manage myself, and I don't think I'll be able to convince the shop to do
anything different than what they did last time. (especially given that the
stickiness comes and goes, and it took me a while to even make them believe
that it was sticky at all..)

 I guess I should look at replacing it.. drat.

 thanks for the info, though -- this has been a pain for a while now, it's
good to know what's actually going on.

 -- dan