Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 17:19:47 +1000
>Andrew,
>Are you suggesting a TOPE-event with a theme of "poisonous wild-life with
>focal lengths shorter than 35mm"??? And no, mother-in-laws do *not*
>count.... ;)
>--thomas
>(who's sitting in his office, and just feeling the small hairs on the back
>of his neck rise...)

Oooooooo yes - good one. Nasties with a 21mm? You're on! Of course, the
most poisonous thing I can think of is a Cone Shell (kind of sea snail)
which is not only very beautiful but quite safe if you don't pick it up. If
you do, you probably won't feel the sting and you don't have too long to
live without treatment.
AndrewF